Apple to Address iPhone 15 Pro Overheating Issue With iOS 17 Update
Shortly after the launch of the iPhone 15 Pro, users began reporting that their devices were overheating. Some users said that their phones were getting so hot that they were uncomfortable to hold, and that the heat was causing the devices to lag and perform poorly.
Apple has since acknowledged the issue and said that it is working on a software fix. The company says that the overheating issue is caused by a bug in iOS 17, and that it will be fixed in a future update.
What is the overheating issue?
The iPhone 15 Pro’s overheating issue is most noticeable when the phone is under heavy load, such as when gaming or using demanding apps. Some users have also reported that their phones overheat when they are charging or using wireless charging.
When the iPhone 15 Pro overheats, it will typically throttle its performance in order to cool down. This can cause the phone to lag and perform poorly. In some cases, the phone may even shut down completely.
What is causing the overheating issue?
Apple says that the overheating issue is caused by a bug in iOS 17. The bug is causing the phone’s A17 Pro chip to run hotter than it should.
In addition to the information above, here are some additional things to keep in mind about the iPhone 15 Pro’s overheating issue:
- The overheating issue does not appear to be affecting all iPhone 15 Pro devices. Some users have reported that their phones are not overheating at all, while others have reported that their phones are overheating frequently.
- Apple says that the overheating issue is not a safety risk and will not impact the long-term performance of affected iPhones.
- Apple has not ruled out the possibility that the overheating issue could be caused by a hardware problem. However, the company says that it has not been able to identify any specific hardware problems that are causing the issue.
When will the overheating issue be fixed?
Apple has not announced a specific date for when the overheating issue will be fixed. However, the company says that it is working on a software fix and that it will be released in a future update. It is possible that the fix will be released in iOS 17.1, which is expected to be released in October.
What can I do if my iPhone 15 Pro is overheating?
If your iPhone 15 Pro is overheating, there are a few things you can do to cool it down:
- Remove the phone from its case.
- Turn off the phone’s screen.
- Move the phone to a cooler location.
- Avoid using the phone for demanding tasks until it has cooled down.
If the phone is still overheating after you have taken these steps, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance.
Apple is working on a software fix for the iPhone 15 Pro’s overheating issue. The fix is expected to be released in a future update, possibly in iOS 17.1. Until then, users can try to cool down their phones by removing the case, turning off the screen, and moving the phone to a cooler location.
If you are concerned about the overheating issue, you may want to wait until Apple releases a software fix before purchasing an iPhone 15 Pro.