Huawei has officially launched its latest smartwatch named Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro globally. With the imminent launch of Apple Watch Series 6, we expect the Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro to compete head on with the latest Apple Watch. In this article, let’s take a deeper look at this new smartwatch offering from Huawei and how it fare against its competitors.
The Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro has almost the similar specifications as the Huawei Watch GT 2 but it comes with slight improvements satisfying the name ‘Pro’. The GT 2 Pro has a rugged design featuring premium materials, including a sapphire watch crystal dial, titanium case and skin-friendly ceramic case back.
The Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro is powered by the company’s own Kirin A1 chipset and it packs 4GB RAM which can store 500 songs. The wearable is also water-resistant up to 50 meters and it comes with an integrated microphone and speaker for Bluetooth calling. The smartwatch comes with various sensors which include Accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, Ambient light sensor, Air pressure sensor, and Capacitive sensor.
The smartwatch comes with a 1.39-inch AMOLED touch display with 454×454 pixel resolution. The display is protected from scratches with the help of Sapphire glass. Measuring 46.7 x 46.7 x 11.4mm, the Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro is backed by a 455 mAh battery which also supports wireless charging. The company claims that the smartwatch can deliver 14 days of battery backup on a single charge!
Coming to the fitness features of this Smartwatch, the Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro offers 100+ workout modes out of which 17 are professional modes and 85 are custom modes like Skiing, Cross Country Skiing, Snowboarding and Golf Driving Range and others. The device also comes with heart rate tracking with TruSeen 4.0+ support. The TruSeen 4.0+ technology from Huawei comes with accurate heart rate readings with updated LEDs and intelligent AI algorithm. The technology accurately measures the SpO2 level, heart rate level and also keeps the power consumption low. The smartwatch is capable of sleep monitoring and it also tracks day-to-day activities of the users.
HUAWEI Watch GT 2 Pro Specifications & Features
• 1.39-inch (454 x 454 pixels) AMOLED touch display with Sapphire glass protection
• HUAWEI Kirin A1 chip + STL4R9
• Bluetooth 5.1 that connects to Android 4.4 and above iOS 9.0 devices
• 4GB memory to store about 500 songs
• 5ATM Water-resistant up to 50 meters
• GPS supported
• Integrated microphone and speaker, Bluetooth calling
• 100+ workout modes, including 17 professional modes and 85 custom modes
• Accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, Ambient light sensor, Air pressure sensor, and Capacitive sensor
• Heart rate tracking with TruSeen 4.0+, HUAWEI TruSleep sleep monitoring, HUAWEI TruRelax, and all-day activity tracking.
• Dimensions: 46.7 x 46.7 x 11.4mm; Weight: 52 g (Without strap)
• 455mAh battery with up to 14 days of battery life, wireless fast charging.
In conclusion, the Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro is a worthy competitor and a great alternative for Apple Watch and one of the best smartwatch in the market for Android users as well as iPhone users. Its design, smart features and fitness functionalities are top notch to say the least.
Finally coming to the price and availability of Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro in Qatar, nothing is official yet from Huawei Qatar. However, we are expecting the availability of GT 2 Pro by the end of September in Qatar market. Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro is priced at 329 Euro gloablly, so we expect the prices in Qatar to be around 1450-1500 QAR. Official prices and stock availability will be revealed soon in our website and social media pages. Keep following us there for the latest updates!