Apple Pencil (1st Gen)
- The standard for how drawing, note-taking and marking up documents should feel — intuitive, precise and magical.
- Now you can pair and charge wirelessly and change tools, like a pencil to an eraser, with a simple double‑tap.
- In the box: Apple Pencil, Lightning adapter, and extra tip
|Length||175.7 mm (6.92 inches) measured from tip to cap|
|Diameter||8.9 mm (0.35 inches)|
|Weight||20.7 grams (0.73 ounces)|
|Compatibility||iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad (6th Generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd Generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st Generation), iPad Pro 9.7-inch|
|What’s in the box||Apple Pencil, Lightning adapter, Extra tip|
Apple Pencil is a line of wireless stylus pen accessories developed by Apple Inc. for use with supported iPad tablet computers. The first-generation Apple Pencil was unveiled alongside the first-generation iPad Pro on September 9, 2015. The Pencil is supported by the first and second generation iPad Pro models, the sixth-generation iPad released in 2018, and the 2019 releases of iPad Mini, iPad Air, and iPad.
It communicates wirelessly via Bluetooth, and has a removable cap that conceals a Lightning connector used for charging. The second-generation Apple Pencil was unveiled in 2018 and is compatible exclusively with the third-generation iPad Pro. Its minor design changes include touch-sensitive areas that can be tapped to perform actions within supported apps and wireless charging via a magnetic connector on the side of the device rather than a physical connection.
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (6th generation)